Cherry Point, NCApply Now
The Exercise Planner reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Exercise Planner will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support scenario design efforts for the simulation exercise, primarily MACCS Integrated Systems Training Exercises (MISTEX) by working in concert with MACG-28 designated government leads to define exercise objectives and training goals, identify storylines which will lead to objective and task accomplishment, and by designing an exercise scenario to facilitate exercise execution. Exercise design shall include considerations for joint and coalition operations and high-end Fleet Marine Force operations across the area of operations being designed. Once each exercise has been designed to achieve established training goals and objectives, the contractor shall support exercise development efforts.
· In conjunction with MACG-28 designated leads, support exercise development and execution efforts for each simulation exercise by creating an overarching scenario and general situation, developing supporting operations documents, creating storylines and/or vignettes along Lines of Operation, and by supporting the development of a Master Scenario Events List (MSEL).
· Develop supporting documentation for each Master Scenario Event such as fragmentary orders, audio and visual media products, and role player scripts. Deliver completed scenario packages to be uploaded to a web-based library to be developed as part of this effort. During simulation development, the contractor shall facilitate response cell training to build the simulation in current Common Aviation Command and Control System (CAC2S) simulation software.
· Each scenario shall be regionally focused reflecting a Joint Task Force (JTF) level operation. Scenarios and associated supporting materials shall be developed so that it is modeled after the realistic Joint Task Force (JTF) supported by a Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF) or Marine Expeditionary Bridge (MEB). Each scenario package will include, at a minimum:
The Exercise Overview Brief:
· Scenario Overview
· Road to War
· Operation Description
· Air Tasking Order (ATO)
· Airspace Control Order (ACO)
· Simulation file
· Master Scenario Event List
· Friendly and Adversary Order of Battle
Supporting operational documents:
· Air Component Command products (eg. Airspace Control Plan, Area Air Defense Plan, theater Special Instructions, Operational Tasking Link message, etc)
· MEF or MEB Operation Orders with Annexes A, C, K, W
· Land and Maritime Component Command products appropriate to the scenario and MAGTF relationships within that construct
· Post-simulation critiques and debrief points
· Data on training system utilization
· Simulation Exercise Execution. Serve as a member of the response cell during the simulation’s execution. During the exercise document, prepare, and support structured crew debriefs using simulation playback data. Throughout simulation training, the contractor shall capture training system utilization data for post-event critiques and after-action reviews.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Prior attendance at a professional military education, institution program (resident/non-resident), such as the Expeditionary Warfare School, Command and Staff College or equivalent course is required.
· Experience on a 2 Star or higher staff is desired.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Applicant shall possess the skills, knowledge, and depth of past and recent (within six (6) years) experience to execute all requirements. Experience shall reflect the scope, high-level complexity and expertise defined by the following:
· Subject matter expertise and experience in Exercise Design, Exercise Development, Exercise Execution, and Training Scenario Development at the Combined Joint Task Force (CJTF)/Joint Task Force (JTF)/Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF)/ Marine Expeditionary Brigade (MEB)/Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) level is required. Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) shall have experience and background in MAGTF operational planning and the integration of aviation operations across all functions.
· Documented working experience with Large Scale Exercises, the Theater Air Ground Control System, the MACCS, current ATO/ACO development software such as Theater Battle Management Core System, CAC2S and associated simulation programs.
· Shall have (within 6 years’) experience writing Marine Corps operations orders, including current formats and associated annexes, tabs, and appendices.
· Shall be familiar with the Marine Corps aviation training and education environment, training programs and training development process in accordance with the Aviation Training Program Manual and applicable training and readiness manuals.
· Shall have comprehensive practical knowledge of the aviation command and control field to include awareness of technological changes and new developments, such as would be gained through extended experience and on-the-job training combined with practice and study.
· Have a working knowledge of current Marine Corps training policy and procedures.
· Strong communications and presentation skills.
· Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
· Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office
· Expected to perform independently and exercise good judgment.
· Prior completion of the Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron 1’s Weapons and Tactics Instructor course is highly desirable.
· Familiarity with developing and writing JTF/ CJTF, air, land, and maritime component supporting documents, and the doctrine governing each is desirable.
· Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
· Qualification as an authorized company driver is required.
· All authorized company drivers must have a valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and a driving record that is acceptable to the company’s auto insurance provider.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
· Must possess a SECRET or higher security clearance.
· 5-15% travel expected.
· Position expected to begin on or about 15 Mar 2021.
f you know anyone please pass the attachment along to them and have them contact:
Droopy Adkinson at email@example.com 703-501-6132. firstname.lastname@example.org